Ancillary Meetings and Events
Deadline to submit the Ancillary Meeting and Event Request Form is Wednesday, March 4.
All groups wishing to conduct activities during the dates of, immediately prior to, or following an IUPESM WC2015 meeting must notify the WC2015 Congress Organizing Committee (COC) of such activities by submitting an Ancillary Meeting and Event Request Form to the WC2015 Congress Secretariat. The COC will determine whether the proposed activity appears to meet the Congress and host and sponsor societies’ standards and requirements and will notify the applicant if the Ancillary Meeting and Event Request is approved.
Any industry hosted meeting whose invited participants are professional attendees of the Congress is considered an Advisory Board and a fee is required to hold such a meeting. This could include roundtable discussions, investigator meetings and meet the specialist-type meetings. Meetings that would not fall under this category are internal/staff meetings where only your company’s staff are invited (whether attending the Congress or not).
Affiliate societies of IOMP and IFMBE as well as other non-industry groups may also request to host their own sessions, events and activities by completing the Ancillary Meeting and Event Request Form, and a fee would not apply.
Ancillary events are not allowed to take place during the official Scientific Program as well as any official social functions including the Welcome Reception, Opening Ceremony, Gala Dinner, etc.
Ancillary Meetings/Events are allowed to take place ONLY at the following times:
- Saturday, June 6, 2015 – between 10:00 and 17:00
- Sunday, June 7, 2015 – between 08:00 and 19:00
- Monday, June 8, 2015 to Friday, June 12, 2015 – before 08:00; between 12:00 and 13:30
- Tuesday, June 9, 2015 and Thursday, June 11, 2015 – after 19:00
All approved Ancillary Meetings and Events will include a meeting room at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre as space permits, as well as a basic Audio Visual package. You are permitted to hold the meeting at another property, however, the fee still applies and meeting space and the AV package would not be available.
Ancillary activities, including media events, should not compete with the agenda or events of the WC2015 meeting. The nature of any ancillary activities should be in keeping with the educational focus of a WC2015 meeting. Venues, agendas, and media coverage for ancillary activities should be conducive to scientific interchange; even for social functions, promotional trappings should be minimized and scientific themes, not entertainment activities, should predominate.
WC2015 representatives may attend any ancillary activity (including investigator and corporate board meetings) held within space held by the WC2015, to monitor whether the activity is in compliance with applicable WC2015 policies and requirements. All ancillary activities must meet the following criteria:
- The activity or event must comply with meeting blackout times and be scheduled as to permit attendees sufficient time to participate in official meeting activities and sessions. Please see above for times at which ancillary meetings are allowed.
- The COC must receive and approve a completed Ancillary Meeting and Event Requests.
- No marketing pieces, invitations, communications of any kind, advertising, or other written or spoken descriptions of the event may use the WC2015 name or logo, or otherwise suggest or imply that the WC2015 or any of its sponsor or host associations has endorsed or sponsored the event. The name of the WC2015 meeting may be mentioned one time in each communication for identification purposes, in a reasonably-sized, neutral font. Neither the name of the Congress nor the names of the sponsor or host associations may be part of a title or heading of the ancillary event, be prominently featured, or listed first in print materials. WC2015 slide templates, color schemes, or other means of confusing the event with a WC2015-sponsored event may not be used.
- The following statement must be prominently displayed and included on all advertisements, marketing pieces, invitations, meeting materials, derivative products, etc. for the event: Not an official event of the IUPESM World Congress on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering. Not sponsored or endorsed by IUPESM, IOMP, IFMBE, COMP or CMBES.
- Meeting signage may NOT include the name or logo of the Congress or any of the sponsor/host associations except in the required disclaimer above, which must be prominently displayed and included on all signs.
- Materials must not in any capacity identify any of the sponsor/host associations of the WC2015 as the sponsor or Accreditation provider.
- No event marketing may be done at the WC2015 meeting venue except within the confines of an individual exhibit booth or table. Outside the booth or table but within the WC2015 meeting venue, representatives may not set up tables or otherwise distribute or display signs, flyers, invitations, use ushers, or use other means of gathering people for the event.
- Event names, invitations, communications, and marketing may not include the phrase “Supported Symposium” unless the event has been selected as an official Independent Supported Symposium supporter (ISS).