We would like to thank everyone who participated in the 2015 World Congress on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering (WC2015) Velfie contest! Great Job!
And we are pleased to announce the winners:
1st place – Esma Islamaj, Belgium
2nd place – Laqua Daniel, Germany
3rd place – Warren Campbell, Canada
Congratulations! We are looking forward to meeting you in Toronto!
View all of the submissions on the WC2015 Youtube channel. Even though the contest is now over, we are still accepting new velfie submissions to be featured on the WC2015 Youtube channel!
Make Your Velfie
Use your smartphone, computer or digital camera. Keep it short and sweet (2 minutes). Be creative and have fun!
Consider answering one of the following questions in your Velfie, as a message to the IUPESM community:
- Why are you coming to the Congress? Science? City? Networking? Business? Etc
- Are you coming to present some of your research? Describe it in less than 2 minutes!
- What are you most looking forward to at the Congress?
- Are you a student? If so, what is your reason for going?
- What are you hoping to learn at the Congress?
Submit Your Velfie
- Before you submit your Velfie, please acknowledge the following:
- Material will be posted based on Editorial discretion.
- Material cannot be offensive or be in bad taste.
- Material should abide by privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures where applicable (institutional/territorial/national/etc).
- Material may be used for promotional use in the Congress.
- Define some keywords to describe your Velfie. Some examples: “Imaging, research, x-ray, Vancouver, Engineer”
- E-mail your Velfie to iupesm2015 at gmail.com.
- If your Velfie is too large to email, load it somewhere it can be retrieved on the web and send an email to iupesm2015 at gmail.com, specify the location of your video along with your keywords.
Contest Details (the contest is now closed)
This contest is open to any member of IUPESM, IOMP, IFMBE, COMP or CMBES.
The submission deadline has now been extended! Submit your velfie by Sunday, November 30, 2014 at 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time.
Velfies will be judged based on content by members of the WC2015 Publicity Committee.
A huge benefit of participating in the velfie contest is that you can showcase and show off your work as well as help build your resume at the same time! If that isn’t enough, we will also be offering prizes for the top three velfies:
- First Place Prize: Complimentary full registration or equivalent credit towards Congress associated fees (i.e. can be transferred to a colleague, or can be used towards gala dinner tickets, etc.)
- Second Place Prize: $200 credit towards Congress registration or associated fees
- Third Place Prize: $100 credit towards Congress registration or associated fees